Pest treatment tips by the expert in pest control
It’s Saturday morning and I’ve woken to the sound of rain on the roof. We are now coming into the warmer months in Brisbane and that combined with rain can only mean one thing. These two gifts of nature will surely spark life into the bugs that frequently make their way into our homes.
I thought I would give you all some pest treatment tips to give you a jump start on pest season.
Living in Brisbane in the sub-tropics means we get just about every pest known to man. This isn’t all bad if you know of a good pest control Brisbane company that knows how to deal with them.
Managing pests is a full-time occupation and when carried out properly is very effective. Many of you will soon be calling your pest company for various pest problems. For a better service below are some tips to ensure your treatment goes well and lasts longer.
Pest Treatment Tips – Hiring a pest controller
Hiring a pest controller to deal with pests around the home is a must but getting the right one can be difficult. Questions to ask before hiring:
- Are you licensed this may sound obvious but there are many out there without licenses? Ask to see their license before they start work. Don’t forget you are inviting someone into your home to spray around poisons.
- Ask what sort of warranty they provide on their services and get them to write this down. Many pest control companies say one thing and do another. For most instances, a pest service should come with a 12-month warranty. This means if pests come back within that time your pest technician should return for free. These pest treatment tips will ensure you get the best service so don’t be afraid to ask questions.
- When your pest control company arrives, make sure their truck is sign written and has their license number on the side. A well-presented truck shows that the company is serious about its business. Pest license numbers must be visible on both sides of a pest management vehicle.
Preparing Your Home
If you take some time to prepare your home before a pest control service, the outcome will be much better. Having a tidy home ready for your service will mean products applied will stay around for longer. You’re probably thinking by now that these pest treatment tips are going to get tough. Keep reading you don’t have to redecorate just get things in order.
- Vacuuming is an important thing to consider this will remove crumps and dust which attract pests in the first place.
- The vacuum of skirting boards are the main areas that the sprays will be applied to. Out of all the pest treatment tips, this is one of the most important. Having clean skirting boards will mean the applied products will stick to the skirting not bits of dust. If sprays are applied to dust when that surface is cleaned the products go with it.
- Clean and put away all the dirty dishes and run a washing tablet through the dishwasher. Ensure the dishwasher is empty as a product may be applied to it at some point during the service. All wet areas like the kitchen, bathroom and laundry are important areas where pest harbour so it’s important they are cleaned and treated.
- The next of my pest treatment tips is probably the one that’s going to be the hardest. It involves moving the fridge and cleaning underneath it. It’s amazing over a 12-month period how much rubbish makes its way under the fridge. Removing debris from under the fridge goes a long way in managing pests around the home.
What About My Pets
Your pets are not an issue during a pest control service just follow these simple’ tips.
- If you have fish tanks or aquatic life of any kind, it’s best to cover the tank and turn off filters until the service is complete. Most pest product will kill aquatic life especially fish, but they are safe provided they are applied correctly. Follow this tip and your fish will be just fine during and after a pest control service.
- The beloved cats and dogs they are also going to be fine during a pest treatment. All that is required is to remove any drinking and food bowls during the pest control service. Once the service has been completed their bowls can be placed back down. Don’t forget to fill up the water bowl again.
Well, that’s about it for my pest treatment tips they really are very easy. By following these simple tips, you really will ensure your pest control service run smoothly and will last longer.
These pest treatment tips also apply for commercial pest control services. So if you have a commercial building or office that needs treating ensure it’s ready by following the above tips.
If you get the right advice from the beginning your home should be pest free for the duration of the warranty. Some situations may require further treatment these are when an infestation has occurred.
Pest infestations such as German cockroaches, Bedbugs and fleas are all going to require follow-up treatments. Regarding bedbugs, they generally require 3 follow-up inspections and treatments as they are extremely difficult to get rid of.
I hope these pest treatment tips will help you to get the most out of your nest pest control service. For some tips on pest control in the garden check out the gardening Australia tips.
How Long Should a Pest Inspection Take
Conducting an examination of each room and every high-risk area is a pretty time-consuming process. Determining the amount of time a pest inspection takes highly depends on various factors, including:
- The size of the building
- Property type
- Number of buildings
What Does a Pre-purchase Building and Pest Inspections Report Include?
Once the company finishes the pest inspection, you’ll get a detailed report of inspected areas with the information about:
- Previous or current pest activity
- Construction faults resulting in an infestation
- Areas of damage
- Environmental issues
- Recommendations for future inspections
- Suggested treatments
When are Pre-purchase Pest Inspections Required?
In some cases, loan programs, mortgage lenders, or home insurance policy, may require you to conduct the pest inspection.
However, it’s always in your best interest to inspect a house before you purchase it.
Now that you know why it’s a good idea to get a pre-purchase pest inspection, you might be wondering who to contact.
If you’re located in Brisbane and considering buying a new home, feel free to contact our team of experts at SunnyState Pest Control at 07 3245 5425.