Pest Control Service for your home
You may think that a clean home is naturally pest-free. After all, have you ever seen ants or rats in a spotless house? With this mentality, pest control service becomes an easy DIY. It’s something you don’t have to worry about until you have to worry about it.
Unfortunately, this isn’t the reality. Pests are attracted to homes for a variety of reasons, and you can maintain a well-kept house and still host critters unknowingly. Here are all the reasons annual pest control is essential.
Pests pose health threats
Maintaining your home is all about keeping you and your family healthy. Public health officials agree that three variables contribute to a high standard of living. This includes:
- Quality vaccines and medications
- Improved sanitation
- Regular pest control
Common pests like rodents, ticks, and mosquitoes transfer disease. Just think about the bubonic plague hundreds of years ago. Although unknown at the time, it was transferred by rodents and fleas. It is nearly impossible to know whether a pest is carrying a disease or not, but you can eliminate risk by removing that pest from your space.
Pest control keeps food safe
Pests love to attack food sources both inside and outside. This is one of the ways that homeowners discover that they have an intruder. They may notice crumbs in their pantry or destruction in their garden. Having annual pest control carried out by a licensed professional can ensure that your food is kept safe, and you stay healthy.
Pests cause damage
You may be thinking, “What’s the harm? A few bugs never hurt anyone.” Well, we hate to tell you, but bugs can, in fact, cause devastation and destruction. Take wood-faring bugs like carpenter ants and termites for instance. They’re capable of tearing your home apart. They’ll hide in your walls and begin destroying the structure of your home before you even notice they’re there. Carpet beetles and silverfish are similar. They’re attracted to organic fibres and attack couches, clothing, towel, blankets, etc. When you invest in a professional, licensed pest control specialist, you ensure that pests are caught early and often. They won’t have the opportunity to destroy your home.
DIY pest control is challenging
Even if you manage to catch pests before they begin to destroy the structure of your home or your belongings, many DIY methods aren’t enough. Store-bought and home remedies will only get you so far. They’ll address the surface issue but won’t get to the root cause. If you want to take care of the issue once and for all, then the best course of action is to contact a pest control professional when you first notice an issue.
Warning Signs of Pest Invasion
How do you know you need help? Outside of your yearly check, you may call on your pest control service to help you if you notice the following warning signs.
- Droppings: Sometimes people mistake droppings for crumbs. Look closely and make sure. If you discover that they’re droppings from a pest, call a licensed professional as soon as possible.
- Gnaw marks: If you notice gnaw marks (or small pieces of wood lying around), this can be a tell-tale sign of mice.
- Dead bugs: The occasional dead bug often isn’t something to worry about. However, if you begin finding them more than normal, then you may have an infestation on your hands.
- Nesting evidence: Signs of nesting include insulation, pieces of clothing, shredded paper, etc. Nests are where critters hide in your home. If you suspect that one has been constructed, it’s time to call the pest professionals.
- Odd sounds: Small squeaks or scratching on the walls can often indicate that you have pests in your home.
- Small holes: A hole the size of a pencil eraser tip is big enough for a mouse to enter. If you begin noticing small holes in your baseboards or other parts of your home, be sure to call your licensed pest professional.
- Tracks: Some animals leave a clear path that you can follow. Look for grease marks or trails of dropping.
Pests are a stressful part of being a homeowner. When you hire a licensed professional to conduct an annual pest control service, you’ll remove any uncertainty about what may be in your house. Any issues are taken care of quickly and effectively. Sunnystate Pest Control is here to help with annual pest control services as well as larger infestations. Visit here to learn more.