5 Reasons You Need a Regular Home Pest Control
Home pest control why you need it, Imagine this, your house is like a grocery store for any type of household pests. And unfortunately, they will always find a way to enter no matter if your home is spotlessly clean or hasn’t been cleaned for weeks.
Seeing pests in your home arises perhaps one of the most unpleasant feelings. But what many people don’t realise is that if you don’t keep them out or stop them in their tracks, pests can cause major damage not only to property but to your health as well.
In this article, you’ll discover 5 reasons why regular home pest control is important for your wellbeing.
1. Pests Damage Your Belongings
The least pests can do is damage your personal belongings. For instance, organic fibres (such as paper), including books, photo albums, and wallpapers contain all the necessary nutrients pests need to survive.
Here’s the list of pests that typically damage personal belongings: silverfish, termites, carpenter ants, and carpenter beetles. Left undisturbed, these pests can breed rapidly.
Having professional home pest control services carried out will help keep these pests at bay.
2. Pests Destroy Your Home
Let’s take a look at just a few most common examples of how pests can destroy your home:
- Rodents and possums can cause water damage by puncturing the pipes and can even cause fire by eating insulation around electrical cables.
- Because of their acidic nature, bird droppings can cause massive damage to buildings. The acid eats wood, stone, steel, and iron, so left untreated, accumulated droppings can damage your roof or clog gutters.
- Termites snack away wood structures damaging buildings and wooden furniture.
- Wood-boring insects, such as house borer, eat wooden furniture, wood flooring, and decorative woodwork.
Home pest control services will help prevent pests from entering the home and causing damage or spreading disease.
3. Pests Contaminate Food
In order to survive, pests need food, water, and a place to live. And the kitchen is the best place that provides them with everything they might need.
As they feast on your supplies, pests leave excreta and bacteria behind, not to mention invading stored products such as flour, cereal, and others.
The bacteria any pest leaves behind contaminates food without you even realising. So you’re at risk of consuming food that’s contaminated and unfit for humans to eat.
Regular 12-month home pest control treatment will stop pests from contaminating your food.
4. Pests Spread Diseases without a home pest control
Pests also carry diseases that are harmful to your health. While some pests transmit diseases with a bite or sting, others pick up disease-causing bacteria, carrying to someone else.
Here are some of the most common diseases household pests cause:
- Mosquitos can cause dengue fever and the Barmah Forest virus in Australia.
- House flies can cause salmonella, food poisoning, typhoid, and dysentery.
The safe way to stop disease, from pests is to have a 12-month home pest control carried out.
5. Pests Raise Stress Levels
Noticing even the tiniest sign of having pests at home instantly elevates stress levels for a number of reasons. Maybe you just find them unpleasant or are concerned for your health and safety.
What to Do if You Have Pests at Home?
Now that you understand what harm even the tiny pests can cause, you might be wondering what to do if you have pests at home.
While some people don’t seek professional help, the do-it-yourself method isn’t always enough. The pests differ and so should the methods you apply to each type.
Our professional team at SunnyState Pest Control offers a professional home pest control service with a 12-month warranty that your home stays pest-free.